Friday, 4 August 2017

Anything goes at CD Sunday

I was so pleased when I saw that the new challenge at CD Sunday was "Anything goes" as it meant I could have another play with my newest cd from Dolly Dimples.

Just like my last card I used one of the "mixed media inky backgrounds" this time I did soften the edges with a little TH Peedled paint. The rest I built up layer by layer in the programme. The top version I resized to be larger in MCS whilst the bottom one is how it printed from the cdrom. There are just a couple of subtle changes in the layers and sentiment, otherwise they are the same. I also cut out the Happy Birthday and added onto the cards by hand.

Finished by mounting onto some black card, with the addition of a CC edge die on the top one.

Yesterday I was at Hochanda with Suha from Swedish House Crafts for her first show. She did so well and these are a few of the behind the scenes shots.

Sitting in the chair in reception.


 Watching in the green room.

Not Suha but the filming of another show.


11 comments:

Barb said...

I love your card Lynn. She's such a gorgeous image too. I really must learn how to do all the clever techie stuff. I've never even used a CD.

I really enjoyed looking at your photos of Hochanda. I got a call inviting me to a VIP day earlier in the year but had no way of getting there. I missed Suha's show as it's been a busy couple of weeks. Will have to catch up! Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Pamela said...

I think I prefer the first card but both are lovely. I've not heard of Dolly Dimples will have to investigate if they're 'must have' Cds LOL!
Thanks for joining in again with the Cd Sunday challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Jocelyn said...

Great card - definitely has the wow factor for me. I've got a couple of Dolly Dimples CDs but haven't had a chance to open them yet. I need more play time!
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Jane Willis said...

A CD with inky backgrounds on it? That's going to have to go on my shopping list! Both cards are gorgeous but I think I prefer the larger image on the first.
Lovely to see the behind the scenes shots from Hochanda. Suha looks lovely and is doing so well! I'm glad Swedish House is a success because they are the only place I've seen Gummiapan dies which I absolutely love - I need them ALL!
Oh, I nearly forgot to say, thanks for joining in at CD Sundays
Jane

meg said...

Two beautiful cards, love the inky background paper and the stunning image Meg xx

brenda said...

A lovely creation as always Lynn.

Sorry to be such a bad blogger still, I can but hope for things and to get back to normal again - whatever normal might be !

Not seen the show yet but have it recorded.

B x

Margarets designer cards said...

Two lovely cards, I do prefer the first one perhaps because the image is larger.
I have not heard of this CD but if that image is anything to go by I think I must investigate the CD
Thank you show the behind the scenes photos, I hope she had a lot of sales.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret CD Sunday DT

Wynn Walton said...

I love the inky background paper. The first one is my fave too. Such a cute image. Think this would defo suit my oldest Grand daughter....looks like her style.

Great backstage shots at Hochanda. Are you doing more demos with OLL soon then?

Thank you for supporting us again at CD Sunday Wynn DT

Carol said...

I love both the cards and went off to investigate Dolly Dimples only to find all the connections to House of Zandra and KatySue. We were sponsored by them sometime ago and received some of their CD's. I like the look of the new ones and have earmarked a possible purchase. I love how you have used the images and thank you for joining in my challenge.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

SARN said...

Two brilliant cards. Love the backgrounds and the focal images.
Great peek at the Hochanda studios "behind the scenes". Will have to watch the show on Catch Up! Love SHC products.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Daffodil Cards said...

Love the image and the 2 different cards you made with it, beautiful colours and thanks for the behind the scenes looky too.
Faith
x